Credit One Bank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for an individual to guide the development, implementation, and execution of the Bank’s records and data retention and destruction strategy. The Records and Information Management Program Manager will establish best practices to ensure that sound records and data management, retention, governance, destruction, and accountability measures are in place to comply with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Develop and implement a sound records and data management program, including the development of retention strategies and streamlining of current processes.
- Provide advice and direction to leadership, managers, and operational staff regarding the records, data, and information management program, including the creation, dissemination, research, schedule, storage, and disposition of records and data.
- Develop and perform quality control reviews.
- Create, conduct, and coordinate records and data management training.
- Provide recommendations to improve workflow and create efficiencies.
- Create standard document templates (both digital and physical records) and reference material for employees.
- Develop and maintain records and data retention schedules and guidelines and monitor for compliance.
- Oversee and coordinate proper disposal of records and data.
- Serve as liaison between legal and all other departments to establish standard practices and repeatable processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience in records and data management and retention.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations regarding the management of records and data, including, but not limited to:
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act,
- California Consumer Privacy Act and other state privacy laws,
- Personally identifiable information, and
- Data privacy standards.
- Maintain integrity of records and confidentiality.
- Previous experience designing, implementing, and managing a records retention program and strategy.
- Previous experience responding to consumer privacy requests, including requests to delete and requests to know.
- Previous experience working in a financial services institution or other highly regulated environment.
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a data-driven financial services company based in Las Vegas. Founded in 1984, Credit One Bank offers a spectrum of credit card products for people in all stages of financial life. Credit One Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin. Reasonable accommodations can be made for those who require them, including access to job applications and workplace accommodations. Please contact the recruiter for this position to learn more. Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.