The Collections Representative performs activities involving the collection of accounts that are delinquent and/or over the credit limit. The individual will analyze account status and determine appropriate action while following company policies and all applicable laws.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Assertively communicate the importance of resolving delinquency.
- Flexibility to work a wide variety of account types (i.e., NSF, Negative Day, and ANI).
- Use experience and product knowledge to effectively overcome objections and resolve outstanding issues in a professional and controlled manner.
- Review and analyze the situation of each customer and recommend payment plans following company guidelines.
- Communicate the importance of maintaining credit and resolving delinquency.
- Adhere to all Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 6-18 months Collections experience required.
- Significant focus on team as well as individual achievement.
- Ability to establish and maintain a diplomatic approach to collections.
- Knowledge and proper presentation of all methods of payment to cure the account while promoting card utility.
- Demonstrated skill in negotiating and conflict resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively educate cardholders towards proper management of their account.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- Previous call center experience preferred.