The Information Technology team supports almost every area of the Bank. Utilizing technology solutions to collect and interpret data for business strategies and providing infrastructure for all business operations. Puneet Rawal, the Chief Information Officer for Credit One Bank, explains why an IT professional should join his team by bringing up one word repeatedly: Growth, with a capital G. “Individuals who have growth aspirations for their career, will not find a better place. You want to be in a growing company that can support your growth. We provide that unique mix.” Click here to learn more about the IT team.
The AVP Software Engineering is responsible for leading a development team that is focused on the design, integration, and implementation of enterprise-level software applications. The AVP Software Engineering functions as the leader of teams responsible for technical design both in regard to new projects as well as continuous maintenance and enhancements. In this position, they must have the knowledge (technology and business) and ability to drive the development team to the next level of efficiency and scalability. Specifically, this position encompasses a wide range of responsibilities, which includes working with the company's Pega system and integrations to other software and systems and having an expert understanding of the Pega FS Frameworks and Decisioning Engine applications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage end-to-end software development life cycle (requirement elicitation, translating to technical EPICs and stories, building, testing, deploying, and monitoring) on using Pega CDH framework
- Facilitate and drive key technology decisions with senior technology stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Pega CDH architectural, design, and coding best practices, including the ability to devise, defend, and communicate them to developer teams.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical challenges common to large IT organizations trying to meet ever-rising expectations of the business.
- Demonstrate understanding of various software delivery methodologies (waterfall, iterative, Agile), when and how to implement them successfully, and their respective pros and cons.
- Demonstrate strong experience in Pega's Customer Decision Hub and how components such as Proposition Management, Predictive Analytics, and Interaction History are used to create the next best action decision strategies.
- Stay ahead of the curve by aligning technology architecture to business needs.
- Lead technical design, code, and debug applications in Pega and various software languages.
- Partner with product, technology, program management, and other stakeholders to prioritize and plan roadmap items.
- Collaborate with cross-functional technology and product teams to build, test, and deploy products.
- Identify opportunities to improve productivity and quality.
- Serve as a mentor, technical leader, and thought leader for a talented team by challenging them and helping them grow.
- Build and manage highly effective engineering teams, conduct performance reviews, and make compensation decisions.
- Attract, retain, and build top-notch web engineering talent.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry working experience.
- 12+ years of software development experience specifically in Pega CDH
- 12+ years of programming and software development life cycles (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum)
- 6+ years of experience being Pega Lead Decisioning Architect or lead developer.
- Expert knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server, PLSQL structure and development)
- Prefer knowledge of Java, Web services, SOAP, Rest, XML, ASP, SQL Server, Oracle, UNIX, Linux, Tomcat, OWL, AJAX, and others as defined
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different priorities.
- Expertise in large-scale enterprise software development best practices and software architecture design.
- Proven experience in capacity planning for the team, estimations of new initiatives(effort and cost) for yearly planning cycles.
- Proven experience in coaching and providing guidance to junior software engineers throughout all phases of the software development cycle
- Strong communication skills and collaboration skills to communicate to different audience (technology leadership, business leadership, team members etc.) appropriately.
- Strong understanding of ITL framework and experience of change management, problem management.
- Certification as Certified system architect and Pega Decisioning Consultant is preferred.
- Certification as Certified Senior System architect or Lead System Architect is preferred.
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a data-driven financial services company based in Las Vegas. Founded in 1984, Credit One Bank offers a spectrum of credit card products for people in all stages of financial life. Credit One Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin. Reasonable accommodations can be made for those who require them, including access to job applications and workplace accommodations. Employment at Credit One Bank is based on mutual consent (also known as at-will). This means that employees and the Bank may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause and with or without notice. Please contact the recruiter for this position to learn more. Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.