The Fraud Investigator II, reporting directly to the respective Supervisor/Manager, will resolve critical issues as they are presented from various sources as established within the department. Applicant must possess a working knowledge of account maintenance systems and relevant external industry systems to include Fraud, Recovery, Credit Bureaus, Regulatory Agencies, payment platforms and online verification platforms. A strong working knowledge of Credit Card products/services and applicable Regulations ensuring adherence as required.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrate a strong understanding and the ability to identify all types of financial fraud and/or related functions.
- Alert focus on processes and findings used to investigate and evaluate identified unusual activity.
- Perform review of cases to fully identify, mitigate and report potential fraudulent activity.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and provide results to the various lines of business.
- Follow policies, procedures, and use sound judgment in reviewing and responding through the appropriate channels.
- Ability to professionally communicate with internal departments and external banking industry contacts in order to provide support and guidance.
- Demonstrate a thorough comprehension of all client related products (both current and forthcoming).
- Process monetary and non-monetary adjustments when required.
- Compile and maintain comprehensive case files in an orderly fashion.
- Observe and ensure adherence to all of the organization’s policies and procedures as stated in policy and procedures.
- Suggest process improvements and strategies to reduce fraud.
- Prepare presentations for WBR, MBRs, and the like.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Problem resolution / investigative abilities and detail oriented
- Ability to maneuver efficiently and effectively in a Windows environment, account maintenance systems and relevant external industry platforms
- Self-starter with proven demonstrated leadership skills, the ability to provide direction to others and superior time management skills essential.
- Advanced in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point and Excel)
- SQL a plus.
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a data-driven financial services company based in Las Vegas. Founded in 1984, Credit One Bank offers a spectrum of credit card products for people in all stages of financial life. Credit One Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin. Reasonable accommodations can be made for those who require them, including access to job applications and workplace accommodations. Employment at Credit One Bank is based on mutual consent (also known as at-will). This means that employees and the Bank may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause and with or without notice. Please contact the recruiter for this position to learn more. Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.